DDEE Care has extensive knowledge and experience of providing services to people with Dementia/Alzheimer’s/Memory Loss Conditions.
In order to deliver effective Dementia Care Services DDEE Care:
● Has Specialist Dementia Care Teams, which specifically work with individuals with dementia and are fully trained on Dementia Care including the varying degrees of Dementia.
● Adopts a Person Centred Approach with every individual for when we provide care, getting to know the individual including details about their life, likes and dislikes and behaviour patterns.
● Supports Carers of People with Dementia, ensuring each is given regular breaks and emotional support.
● Manages the risks associated with independent living through risk assessment/mitigation of risks for each Service User.
● Works in partnership with the person, their carer, their family, Local Authority, Occupational Therapists and Voluntary Organisations to supplement and support the Service User’s personalised care and support plan.
Our Care Workers are trained to understand that Dementia doesn’t diminish a person and that the Service User should be afforded the same respect as all other people who use our service, making informed choices and feeling in control of their lives where possible, with support from our Care Workers.